- Joe has the ugliest set of Mikasa dishes anyone has
- The only
object in the world which Joe can throw with any authority is
- Joe once competed in a kite-flying contest at a star
party. He won because he was the only entrant who could run a
- Joe has
owned about 30 different telescopes in his career.
- Joe's favorite drawing medium is Prismacolor
is not Joe's original last name.
- Joe plinks out tunes on an obscure folk instrument
called the mountain dulcimer.
- Joe has
owned only two cars in his life, both of them purchased used.
- As a schoolboy, Joe went through a long period of
eating only tuna sandwiches for lunch.
required eight years of sporadic college attendance to obtain
his bachelor's degree.
- Joe was once capable of effectively wielding two
soldering irons while peering through a microscope.
being imitated by Don Johnson and Indiana Jones, Joe invented
the scruffy, unshaven look.
- In dark times, Joe has seriously considered becoming
a grade school teacher, a railroad engineer, a security guard,
and a hamster wrangler.
- Joe hiked
the entire 16-mile length of the Zion Narrows in less than 9
hours, which may be a world record.
- As a boy, Joe once asked God to deliver onto him a
quantity of hunting missiles with dials to control what animal
one wanted them to chase, as seen in a cartoon. He walked back
and forth from the front yard to the back, waiting for crates
of the missiles to come wafting down out of the sky.
- Joe was easily the best archer in his college
- Joe mades music CDs with his aunt and uncle and
forced them on his family and friends.
- Joe wishes Miss Cavallero had brought those nude
drawings into his 10th grade art class, even though those dumb
other guys snickered about it.
- Joe was the
Art Guest of Honor at the Balticon 41 science fiction
convention in 2007 and at the Windycon 38 convention in
- Joe designs the T-Shirts
for the annual Grand Canyon Star Party.